Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone wont charge because it says it detects liquid. I dried it out and it works sometimes but not others.

Detecting liquid in my phone and will not charge.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 10:43 AM

Consider this article for help.

So when you see one of the [Detected Liquid] alerts, your iPhone has detected liquid in the Lightning port or on the Lightning cable or Lightning accessory. To protect your iPhone, charging and accessory connection are unavailable until the charger is dry.

Suppose you see this alert whenever you connect a specific cable or accessory. In that case, that cable might be damaged. Contact the manufacturer.

If you see this alert every time you connect an Apple Lightning cable or accessory, contact Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2022 10:43 AM in response to Mugzysmommy

Consider this article for help.

So when you see one of the [Detected Liquid] alerts, your iPhone has detected liquid in the Lightning port or on the Lightning cable or Lightning accessory. To protect your iPhone, charging and accessory connection are unavailable until the charger is dry.

Suppose you see this alert whenever you connect a specific cable or accessory. In that case, that cable might be damaged. Contact the manufacturer.

If you see this alert every time you connect an Apple Lightning cable or accessory, contact Apple Support.

My iphone wont charge because it says it detects liquid. I dried it out and it works sometimes but not others.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.