Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shazam on 2021 MBP

Has anyone got Shazam working on a 2021 (M1) MBP running Monterey? It asks for access to the microphone but doesn't appear on the list to grant access. I saw this message but the suggested fix about ensuring I have read write access didn't work Open microphone for Shazam MacBook OS 10.… - Apple Community

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 2:26 PM

7 replies

Aug 14, 2022 9:07 AM in response to hareand

Hello hareand,

Have you tried the process shown in the article? Shazam a song on Mac - Apple Support

"Shazam a song on Mac

Using the Shazam app for macOS, you can identify a song from the menu bar of your Mac.

To ensure your Mac is correctly set up for the best Shazam experience, see Before you Shazam.

Note: Songs identified using the Mac app are not saved to My Music in the Shazam app.

Shazam a song on your Mac

1. Open the Shazam app  on Mac.
  2. The Shazam icon is added to your Mac’s menu bar.
  3. Click the Shazam icon  in the menu bar, then do one of the following:
    • Shazam a song: Click .
    • Turn on Auto Shazam: Double-click .
  1. When the song is identified, click  to open the song in Apple Music or click , then choose an option from the shortcut menu:
    • View on Shazam.com: Opens the track screen in Shazam on the web, where you can connect to Apple Music to play the entire song, watch the music video, view lyrics, see upcoming concert information, and so on.
    • Listen on Apple Music: Opens the song in Apple Music.
    • Delete: Removes the song from your list of Shazams.
  1. Note: To listen to the full song you must be an Apple Music subscriber. See the Apple Support article Join Apple Music.

Any upcoming concerts are displayed below the song and artist in the track screen. See Discover concerts with Shazam.

Turn on one-click Shazaming or create a Shazam shortcut on your Mac

If two clicks is one too many, you can modify the Shazam app preferences to turn on one-click Shazaming, create a keyboard shortcut to start Shazaming, change the sound input, and more.

• In the Shazam app  on Mac, click  at the top of the window, choose Preferences, then choose your settings."

If the app is still not working like described in the article above, please contact Apple Support to check this out with you. Apple Support

Thanks.

Aug 14, 2022 11:39 PM in response to hareand

TL;DR Too many icons in the task bar

Here's the answer, I spent an hour with online support last night to get there. The issue was that apps I have already installed take up all the space on the right of the notch in the middle of the task bar (this is a 14" 2021 MBP). When I tried to use Shazam, it was pointing at the taskbar to the left of the notch and the icon was invisible. After verifying Shazam could be installed using an empty test account, we deleted it on the main account, removed a few icons from the task bar, reinstalled and it went fine, I could grant access to the microphone and I can see Shazam in the task bar. Thanks to Gary on support for patiently working through it via the online chat.

Aug 7, 2022 12:00 PM in response to hareand

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities hareand,

We can certainly understand your concern and are here to help.

We recommend checking out these steps for more information on managing your privacy settings. This will ensure that the applications are able to access your Mac's microphone.

" Change Privacy preferences on Mac

Use the Privacy pane of Security & Privacy preferences to manage the information your Mac makes available to others across the internet or on a network.

To change these preferences on your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy , then click Privacy.

Note: If the lock at the bottom left of the pane is locked , click it to unlock the preference pane. "

For additional information, check out this link here: Change Privacy preferences on Mac - Apple Support

If this does not help, we have a link with a few other suggestions Before you Shazam:

To ensure the best possible Shazam experience, do the following:
Update your Apple devices to the latest operating systems.
If you’re using multiple devices, sign in with the same Apple ID on all of them.
Get the Shazam app.
If you’ve already downloaded the Shazam app, make sure it’s updated to the latest version.
Tip: Keep an eye out for frequent Shazam updates—the app development team is always working to make your music discovery experience better.
Turn on iCloud Sync.
If you’re not already a subscriber, join Apple Music to listen to songs in full and to add your Shazams to Apple Music playlists.

Kindest regards!

Shazam on 2021 MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.