Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Migration Assistant from my old Mac to my new Mac Studio things have gone wrong. I can't find my Mac Studio on my Mac Studio? My Mac Studio has turned into my old computer and most of the applications are NOT working. Help!

Using Migration Assistant from my old Mac to my new Mac Studio things have gone wrong. I can't find my Mac Studio on my Mac Studio? My Mac Studio has turned into my old computer and most of the applications are NOT working. Help!

Mac Studio, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 3:03 PM

That sounds like your internet connection preferences got clobbered by being over-written by the old ones, and are not compatible.

I suggest you use the information in this article to create a NEW, named Network location file, which allows you to walk away from all old assumptions and parameter. Be sure NOT to use the defaults -- create a new one with a new name.

How to use network locations on your Mac - Apple Support.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2022 3:03 PM in response to gatorpaul

That sounds like your internet connection preferences got clobbered by being over-written by the old ones, and are not compatible.

I suggest you use the information in this article to create a NEW, named Network location file, which allows you to walk away from all old assumptions and parameter. Be sure NOT to use the defaults -- create a new one with a new name.

How to use network locations on your Mac - Apple Support.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.