Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased from the Apple Store an album and a single song. Both down loaded and show up in my library and sync'd with my Ipod. The album plays as it should with no issues but the single says the computer is not authorized.

The album purchase plays but the single purchase will not. It is asking me to authorize this computer. When I re-authorize this computer it still won't play. I have only used 2 of the 5 devices that could play the songs. I've never had this issue before.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 4:19 PM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2022 4:19 PM in response to V8Bob

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

I purchased from the Apple Store an album and a single song. Both down loaded and show up in my library and sync'd with my Ipod. The album plays as it should with no issues but the single says the computer is not authorized.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.