Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How To View Email Password in iOS?

1. is it possible in any circumstances whatsoever to be able to view my email password on my iPhone in iOS 15 in 2022?
  2. if so, what is the step by step process?
  3. if my email does not show in the ‘passwords’ section in settings (but only websites do) - why is that?
  4. how do I know if my email password is saved in iCloud key chain
  5. if my email password is saved in my iCloud Keychain then a) will it now show in ‘settings/passwords’ b) how do I view it?
  6. Does my iPhone need to be synced to Mac I order to be able to view my email password
  7. any other possible question relating to step by step instructions to be able to find and view my email password on my iPhone so that I can use it in a browser to log in and sort out the problems of why I’ve been locked out of my mail in the mail app
  8. Just out of curiosity why is this an incredibly searched question on the internet with no solutions….

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Aug 7, 2022 2:17 PM in response to John__Watson

If you sign into your email account using the web interface for the account (i.e. Xfinity.com, aol.com, etc.), you will have to option to save the email password, which will be stored in Setting>Passwords. If you are running iOS 15.6, you have to tap on the the dots that appear in the password setting in order to reveal the password.

If you use Keychain, it will sync across your devices.

How To View Email Password in iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.