Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchase date not validated

I want to buy a macbook pro 16 inch second hand and when I tried to verify it on the apple site it says “purchase date not validated “

Is it safe to buy it or it affects the warranty .

Can someone explain to me what exactly does that phrase mean ?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 3:35 PM

Get live expert assistance by contacting Customer Support by phone or chat:

2 replies

Aug 7, 2022 7:32 PM in response to AlexandruRipeanu

I had that issue with my 13" mid-2012 MBP purchased new from an authorized reseller in 2015. That just meant that my receipt would have served as the proof of the date of purchase since apparently the reseller hadn't properly transmitted the sale information to Apple. However, that hasn't been an issue when it came to getting my MBP to work with Apple. I could get it to show up as a device on my Apple ID complete with the serial number. And recently I was able to get a battery service.

As for the warranty - Apple only has a one year worldwide warranty, so it would depend on how old it is. But if the warranty would have already expired (like any Intel Mac), it shouldn't be an issue.

Purchase date not validated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.