Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ALPINE HALO ILX F511 OWNERS. Any solution to Carplay with Iphone 12s or newer?

Hey all, just checking in to see if anyone has found a solution to not being able to connect Carplay to their Alpine head unit with an iPhone newer than an iPhone 11. I've just completed the firmware update to my alpine headunit and I still have no luck. I can get it to connect via wireless, but that's hit or miss. Any help would be much appreciated.

John

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 11:57 AM

Hello 5103045017,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help get your devices connected using CarPlay. Let's make sure you've tried these steps:

"Connect using Bluetooth

1. Restart your device.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn off Bluetooth. Wait for about 5 seconds, then turn Bluetooth back on.
  3. Check the manual that came with your car for more information about how to pair with a Bluetooth device. Most cars require a phone setup on the car display. 
  4. If you've connected multiple phones to your car stereo, try renaming your device: go to Settings > General > About > Name, and type a new name. Then try connecting again.
  5. Update your device.
  6. Make sure your stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support."

This Apple Support page has the full details: How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support

If the issue continues, try these steps next:

"First, make sure that your country or region supports CarPlay and that your car supports CarPlay. If you're unsure if your car supports CarPlay, contact the vehicle manufacturer.

Make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. If your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS, follow these steps — checking CarPlay after each step:

1. Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:
    • If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
    • If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled under Settings > Wi-Fi and Settings > Bluetooth.
  1. If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. 
  3. Make sure that Siri is on.
  4. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
  5. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
  6. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you still have issues connecting to CarPlay, contact Apple Support."

The full steps are here: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

We hope this helps to get CarPlay connecting normally again.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2022 11:57 AM in response to 5103045017

Hello 5103045017,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help get your devices connected using CarPlay. Let's make sure you've tried these steps:

"Connect using Bluetooth

1. Restart your device.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn off Bluetooth. Wait for about 5 seconds, then turn Bluetooth back on.
  3. Check the manual that came with your car for more information about how to pair with a Bluetooth device. Most cars require a phone setup on the car display. 
  4. If you've connected multiple phones to your car stereo, try renaming your device: go to Settings > General > About > Name, and type a new name. Then try connecting again.
  5. Update your device.
  6. Make sure your stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support."

This Apple Support page has the full details: How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support

If the issue continues, try these steps next:

"First, make sure that your country or region supports CarPlay and that your car supports CarPlay. If you're unsure if your car supports CarPlay, contact the vehicle manufacturer.

Make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. If your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS, follow these steps — checking CarPlay after each step:

1. Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:
    • If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
    • If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled under Settings > Wi-Fi and Settings > Bluetooth.
  1. If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. 
  3. Make sure that Siri is on.
  4. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
  5. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
  6. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you still have issues connecting to CarPlay, contact Apple Support."

The full steps are here: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

We hope this helps to get CarPlay connecting normally again.

Cheers!

Aug 8, 2022 12:42 PM in response to justin_900

Thanks for the reply, but the information you provided has already been provided in numerous other apple forums and I've actually done all of the above.

Ive done a hard reset/ restart of my phone

I've actually wiped my phone and started from scratch

I've update my firware on the alpine device

it appears that caplay on iphones newer than an iphone 11 will not connect for whatever reason.

In reading the other forums / threads on here. Members say Apple blames ALpine. When Alpine is contacted, they place the blame on apple.

ALPINE HALO ILX F511 OWNERS. Any solution to Carplay with Iphone 12s or newer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.