Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to view backup files within icloud or itunes?

I have lost all my notes prior to 2020 and I believe they are within my backup data within icloud or itunes but I am unable to view the content allowing me to access my old notes.

Something must have gone wrong when I upgraded from Ipad2 to the gen 7 model. I currently possess the 12.9 gen 5 model. I have executed many restore attempts but have failed to recover old notes.

Is there any other alternatives to retrieve my lost notes? Please advise my options?

Regards

Hitman1975

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 8:03 PM

Hitman1975 Said:

"How to view backup files within icloud or itunes?: I have lost all my notes prior to 2020 and I believe they are within my backup data within icloud or itunes but I am unable to view the content allowing me to access my old notes.[...]"

-------

Download All of iCloud:

One though would be to download all of iCloud, and then search through it in Finder on a Mac. You would download it to an external drive, and then open the drive in Finder. Search through it using the search bar on the top-right corner of the Finder window. Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2022 8:03 PM in response to Hitman1975

Hitman1975 Said:

"How to view backup files within icloud or itunes?: I have lost all my notes prior to 2020 and I believe they are within my backup data within icloud or itunes but I am unable to view the content allowing me to access my old notes.[...]"

-------

Download All of iCloud:

One though would be to download all of iCloud, and then search through it in Finder on a Mac. You would download it to an external drive, and then open the drive in Finder. Search through it using the search bar on the top-right corner of the Finder window. Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

How to view backup files within icloud or itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.