Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 13 mini battery

I just bought newly iPhone 13 mini. It looks very good but the battery drain faster than my old iPhone 6 Plus. I don’t use it the whole night from 7pm to 9am and the battery was full charge 100% and when it’s the next day at 9am it drain 10% and became 90% in idle mode without any app are open. Using it also like surfing your safari without video or using WhatsApp will eat so much juice 10% of juice in less than 45 mins. I don’t know what should I do as the performance of the phone is not I expected it be. Worrying in a new phone that has not reliable battery as advertisement say and feels that just stick on my old iPhone 6 Plus. I hope apple can do something on it as I am loyal customer of Apple.

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 2:50 AM

Did you already restore the phone to factory settings, using your computer?

That way you can make sure, that the issue is not software related.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Set it up manually at first, without using the latest backup, to rule out defective data inside the backup.

Then test it again.

If the battery life is getting back to normal, use the latest backup to restore from and test again.

As with every other iPhone model, the display and active Wi-Fi or cellular data connections are using most of your battery life.

You can also check the settings for your battery, to find out, if there is any app standing out, using more than usual of your battery.

Background activities of apps can also drain the battery.

Check the iOS section in this article for more details:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2022 2:50 AM in response to Lovelane_83

Did you already restore the phone to factory settings, using your computer?

That way you can make sure, that the issue is not software related.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Set it up manually at first, without using the latest backup, to rule out defective data inside the backup.

Then test it again.

If the battery life is getting back to normal, use the latest backup to restore from and test again.

As with every other iPhone model, the display and active Wi-Fi or cellular data connections are using most of your battery life.

You can also check the settings for your battery, to find out, if there is any app standing out, using more than usual of your battery.

Background activities of apps can also drain the battery.

Check the iOS section in this article for more details:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Aug 8, 2022 2:24 AM in response to Ingo2711

Actually they do the test using screen sharing for diagnostic test and they said it’s normal no problem with the battery. I just don’t know why it drain in idle so much juice and it’s like I am more concern now with this my newly bought iPhone 13 mini as the battery is just like my iPhone that is 8 years older. I am expecting that new iPhone should give you more endurance and more stable juice on battery. From those iPhone I get brand new I never encounter this kind of issue that the juice drain fast if they use a very good and efficient on handling the a15 Bionic chip. What is the purpose of having a good a15 bionic chip if the battery cannot handle the chip itself. First time I kinda dissatisfaction on apple product. I am loyal with apple because I do believe in there technology but this one feels like I’ve wasted investing on it.

Aug 8, 2022 6:19 AM in response to Ingo2711

Hi tried to do the things and actually we suppose not to have this complicated testing that’s why we purchased a new phone because we rely on the reputation of the product. I can understand if I bought a used phone and you don’t have choice but to go through those testing. You bought new because you expect not to go through on this kind of situation. You got a powerful a15 bionic chip but the battery is not built to handle it.

New iPhone 13 mini battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.