Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshots vanish

Since changing ISP, when I take a screenshot it behaves normally for the first few seconds, showing at a small scale in the lower right corner of the screen, then disappearing. But they’re not saved to my desktop or to whatever folder I designate in the app options. Not on iCloud, not on my drive. And not every time- but more than 50%.

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 6:29 AM

wtm543 wrote:

Since changing ISP, when I take a screenshot it behaves normally for the first few seconds, showing at a small scale in the lower right corner of the screen, then disappearing. But they’re not saved to my desktop or to whatever folder I designate in the app options. Not on iCloud, not on my drive. And not every time- but more than 50%.

Turn off the bells and whistles— and compare your results

Shift Command 5 >Options make changes

Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac - Apple Support

The usse the simplified —

Shift Command 3

Shift Command 4

Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

if no resolve—

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies.

does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, font cache, etc.

third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled

reboot as normal and test, Caches get rebuilt automatically.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2022 6:29 AM in response to wtm543

wtm543 wrote:

Turn off the bells and whistles— and compare your results

Shift Command 5 >Options make changes

Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac - Apple Support

The usse the simplified —

Shift Command 3

Shift Command 4

Take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

if no resolve—

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies.

does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, font cache, etc.

third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled

reboot as normal and test, Caches get rebuilt automatically.

Screenshots vanish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.