Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone unavailable

Why would my phone have iPhone unavailable if I did not have any failed password code attempts ?

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 6:55 AM

happy0921 wrote:

Why would my phone have iPhone unavailable if I did not have any failed password code attempts ?

If you forgot your iPhone passcode -[Device] "unavailable" or "Security Lockout" on your iPhone or iPad.) Activate (?)

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you can't activate your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular)

If you can't activate your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2022 6:55 AM in response to happy0921

happy0921 wrote:

If you forgot your iPhone passcode -[Device] "unavailable" or "Security Lockout" on your iPhone or iPad.) Activate (?)

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you can't activate your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular)

If you can't activate your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

Aug 8, 2022 6:58 AM in response to happy0921

No one can answer a question that begins with “why”. However, failed passcode attempts are the only reason this can happen. Do you carry your phone in your pocket with the screen against your body? And do you have “raise to wake” enabled? Or did you leave your phone where someone could have either played with it or tried to open it? And it’s also possible that your screen digitizer is failing and entering random touches.

iPhone unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.