Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I paste a screenshot

So, now that I have taken a screenshot, or a screenshot of a portion of the screen, how do I paste it to a document or email?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 8:10 AM

As regards email, use the attachment icon (in Apple Mail a paperclip in the menu bar on new message window) to add it to your email. For the recipient, whether it appears as a inline picture or as a file attachment depends on how they have set their mail client, and you can't affect that.

As to word processors, it will will vary between various makes, but often you can just drag the image into the page, or perhaps use the Inser menu. You can usually choose between it being inline, as if it was a large text object, or floating, where text should wrap round it and you can move it independent of the text.

Note that screenshots may be very large and you may need to reduce them in size before adding them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2022 8:10 AM in response to MBorja57

As regards email, use the attachment icon (in Apple Mail a paperclip in the menu bar on new message window) to add it to your email. For the recipient, whether it appears as a inline picture or as a file attachment depends on how they have set their mail client, and you can't affect that.

As to word processors, it will will vary between various makes, but often you can just drag the image into the page, or perhaps use the Inser menu. You can usually choose between it being inline, as if it was a large text object, or floating, where text should wrap round it and you can move it independent of the text.

Note that screenshots may be very large and you may need to reduce them in size before adding them.

How do I paste a screenshot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.