Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Mac OS Catalina

I am presently running MaxOS Catalina on my iMac (late 2012). It is experiencing operating difficulties, slow to load at start-up and when working with my Apps. I up dated the OS to the most recent (10.16.7), but that did not help any. I now want to do a clean install. However, the only MacOS Catalina on the Apple App Store is the one for updating. How can I get the OS full version in order to create a bootable OS Catalina?

Thanks

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 8:46 AM

The download from the App Store, is the complete installer. You can use it too create a bootable usb just fine.

Link-> How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

You can also, simply boot into Internet Recovery, and use the MacOS install option there to reinstall macOS from scratch.

Link-> How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Hold down cmnd+ option + r keys during start up to boot into Internet Recovery.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2022 8:46 AM in response to W Lloyd Allen

The download from the App Store, is the complete installer. You can use it too create a bootable usb just fine.

Link-> How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

You can also, simply boot into Internet Recovery, and use the MacOS install option there to reinstall macOS from scratch.

Link-> How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Hold down cmnd+ option + r keys during start up to boot into Internet Recovery.

Download Mac OS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.