Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Location!

This is absolutely annoying! I have an iPhone 12 pro max. I have verified that location services is enabled along with precise location enabled. The problem is EVERY SINGLE TIME i use Safari, it will say I'm in California. A state over 2,500 miles away from me (Hawaii). For example, I would go to the Best Buy website. I select my neighborhood Best Buy store as "Make this my store". It shows that my neighborhood store is selected. As soon as I click on any product, it changes to California. I could be creating a post on the Hawaii Craigslist web page. As soon as I click on the Craigslist button, it takes me to California Craigslist. I click on "nearby me", it shows me cities in California. I have tried toggling "location services" AND "precise location" on/off NUMEROUS times and "Find my iphone" on/off NUMEROUS times. I have tried turning on/off my phone NUMEROUS times. I have force restarted my phone NUMEROUS times. NOTHING changes my phone from continually telling me I'm in California. I am the original owner of this phone and I've never even been anywhere near California for it to think it's in California. This is absolutely FRUSTRATING! The current ios (15.6) IS installed.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 9:33 AM

I actually think I've found the solution. I was trying to edit my display name. I clicked on "edit my profile and preferences". When I was looking, I noticed "time zone" was set to Los Angeles. Like I said, I've never even been to California so I have no clue why it would even be set to Los Angeles but I changed it to the correct time zone. But now I need help figuring out how to change my display name. I'm not talking about me email address. I'm talking about the name showing who wrote this post.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2022 9:33 AM in response to Hiroshi76

I actually think I've found the solution. I was trying to edit my display name. I clicked on "edit my profile and preferences". When I was looking, I noticed "time zone" was set to Los Angeles. Like I said, I've never even been to California so I have no clue why it would even be set to Los Angeles but I changed it to the correct time zone. But now I need help figuring out how to change my display name. I'm not talking about me email address. I'm talking about the name showing who wrote this post.

Wrong Location!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.