Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I enable the developer mode on my iPad Air 3rd generation?

I went to Settings > Privacy & Security on my iPad Air but there is no Developer mode option in this menu. My iPad Air device is displayed in Xcode and Visual Studio for Mac Community but I can not enable the developer mode because it is not displayed in iPad Air Settings > Privacy & Security.

I use iOS 15.6 on my iPad Air 3rd generation.

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 12:18 PM

Above is correct.

Developer Mode is not available prior to iOS 16 and iPadOS 16.

Xcode 13.4.1 is expected to work with iOS 15, and does not need to enable any specific mode on the device. (That ability is part of why Apple has created the Developer Mode switch, too.)

As for VSC, that probably expects the 13.4.1 command line tools installed.

On-device can be done with the Apple Developer Program free tier, or paid tier. If you need code support, Apple Business Manager distributions, ad-hoc distributions, or some other features, a paid membership. (details)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2022 12:18 PM in response to Flying_Red_Panda

Above is correct.

Developer Mode is not available prior to iOS 16 and iPadOS 16.

Xcode 13.4.1 is expected to work with iOS 15, and does not need to enable any specific mode on the device. (That ability is part of why Apple has created the Developer Mode switch, too.)

As for VSC, that probably expects the 13.4.1 command line tools installed.

On-device can be done with the Apple Developer Program free tier, or paid tier. If you need code support, Apple Business Manager distributions, ad-hoc distributions, or some other features, a paid membership. (details)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.