You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable memories?

More of a comment and question. I DO NOT wish to have “memories” I do not wish to remember popping up when I do not want them. Especially photos of my dead dog, past relationships, and places I don’t want reminders of. Some memories are not good and I do not want a machine sorting these and putting them in a place where I do not want to see them. Anyone know how to side step this until gets this feature removed?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 1:14 PM

7 replies

Aug 8, 2022 1:50 PM in response to -Bubba-

___Bubba___ wrote:

Good news for you- while Memories cannot be disabled currently, iOS 16 adds the ability to turn them off. For now, Mal-S's suggestion is best, I think.

From here - iOS 16 Preview - New Features - Apple

"Disable Memories and Featured Photos from appearing in Photos and in the Photos widget."

But will they be able to disable them on a Mac?

How to disable memories?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.