Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod is dead

My HomePod is dead. I did try all of the suggested saving procedure to no avail. Went to the Genius Bar and I was offered a “replacement” for AU$382! Spoken to support and they called me back with a refusal to do anything about the issue.

Pretty disappointed in Apple and their support. The fact as I was told by the Genius Bar is that the unit cannot be repaired and only replaced. This was never made clear when buying the unit and if this is the case, it should be an issue that Apple should consider. I cannot imagine buying a car that breaks down and having the dealer tell me that you need to buy a new one as it cannot be repaired!

I have been a loyal Apple customer since the early 1980’s and I am really disappointed.

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 5:45 PM

While it is hard to tell definitively, the original Hompod seems to have more than its share of issues. This Board and other Apple centric sites have been reporting failing HomePods with no way to repair for over a year. One would not expect the device to fail I such a short period of time. To offer a replacement for virtually full price is an insult. Apple needs to step up and help what I expect are one of its more loyal user groups.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2022 5:45 PM in response to sandrotag

While it is hard to tell definitively, the original Hompod seems to have more than its share of issues. This Board and other Apple centric sites have been reporting failing HomePods with no way to repair for over a year. One would not expect the device to fail I such a short period of time. To offer a replacement for virtually full price is an insult. Apple needs to step up and help what I expect are one of its more loyal user groups.

HomePod is dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.