Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV will not allow WIFI password to be entered

During wi-fi connection, I select my home network which appears among available networks. I select my home network but get an error page stating my password is incorrect. I am not given a login option whereby I can re-enter my PW, I am simply returned to the drop-down list of available networks. How do I advance to a login queue whereby I can enter my PW anew?

Apple TV

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 3:56 PM

There isn’t an option to select ‘forget this network’. Once select the network, ‘There was a problem connecting to network. The WI-FI password you entered is not correct. Try again (-100).

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 8, 2022 4:58 PM in response to Dummy2AppleTV

1. If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support
  2. Try the ‘Other…’ option instead of selecting a listed discovered network. Especially if the password has been changed.
  3. Verify that the router or access point isn’t set to use WPA3, as only device models from ~2018 or later support that. Instead use WPA3+WPA2 Transitional.

Aug 8, 2022 3:51 PM in response to Dummy2AppleTV

According to If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support, "If there's a problem connecting to the network, or if you get a password error,

On the Apple TV menu, go to Settings > Network > Wi-Fi. Select your current Wi-Fi network and click Forget Network. Press Menu or the Back button on your Apple TV Remote. Then select Network again and select your Wi-Fi network to connect."

I hope that helps.

AppleTV will not allow WIFI password to be entered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.