Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes missing playlists. No upgrade/downgrade or crash.

I am running High Sierra (10.12.6) on a Macbook Pro. I use iTunes daily as a working musician. Yesterday, all of my 50 or more playlists disappeared and after many years of use, I only have a time machine backup, which I hope is enough. Im just beginning to understand the complexities of the iTunes library structure. I just realized that I have a split library as well. Also, I noticed that in the trash folder was “iTunes library extras.itdb” and “iTunes library genius.itdb”, but i don’t know if that is significant. I have no idea where to start. Do I address the split library condition first or should I try to restore from the time machine backup first? I also realize that 3 separate iTunes libraries exist (1 library on the laptop hard drive and 2 on the external drive) Should I fix the above problems before I consolidate into 1 portable library on the external drive? What a mess! Thank you for your time…

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 12:23 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Aug 9, 2022 10:12 AM in response to rgrajeda

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Pastebin is a good place to paste the whole report if you capture the URL while there…

https://pastebin.com/

Workable but harder for me to work with...the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck. In a Reply before you click post, look for this to add longer texts...

iTunes missing playlists. No upgrade/downgrade or crash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.