Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't seem to get individual shots to show up as full screen

I can't seem to get individual shots to show up as full screen. Even when I edit the pics ie crop to fill or Ken Burns it still show up only in middle of screen. When that happens I can't do any titles full screen title either

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 11:08 AM

It would be helpful if you could post a screen shot of what you are seeing.

Your issue may be the same one that a couple of other posters have described recently. See the threads below:

iMovie not filling screen - Apple Community

16/9 on imovie 10.3.3 - Apple Community

I had recommended that the posters in those threads try deleting preferences, but since they never posted back I don't know if the procedure cured the issue. I suggest that you try deleting preferences and see if it cures your situation. To delete preferences, close iMovie then reopen iMovie while holding down the option and command keys, and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Re-open your old library to get back to your projects. This is a safe procedure and will not cause loss of data. If it doesn't seem to have worked, try rebooting and then check again.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 11:08 AM in response to mja6137

It would be helpful if you could post a screen shot of what you are seeing.

Your issue may be the same one that a couple of other posters have described recently. See the threads below:

iMovie not filling screen - Apple Community

16/9 on imovie 10.3.3 - Apple Community

I had recommended that the posters in those threads try deleting preferences, but since they never posted back I don't know if the procedure cured the issue. I suggest that you try deleting preferences and see if it cures your situation. To delete preferences, close iMovie then reopen iMovie while holding down the option and command keys, and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Re-open your old library to get back to your projects. This is a safe procedure and will not cause loss of data. If it doesn't seem to have worked, try rebooting and then check again.

-- Rich

I can't seem to get individual shots to show up as full screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.