Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another IOS is installed on my phone and it is not an Apple recommended update, how can I go back to my Apple update

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 5:43 AM

You have installed a beta development version of iOS 16 on your iPhone. The update that you see was provided by and recommended by Apple.

If you want to remove the beta 16 software from your iPhone, see this Apple Support document.

How to uninstall iOS or iPadOS beta software - Apple SupportOfficial Apple Support › en-us

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 5:43 AM in response to Ecalz

You have installed a beta development version of iOS 16 on your iPhone. The update that you see was provided by and recommended by Apple.

If you want to remove the beta 16 software from your iPhone, see this Apple Support document.

How to uninstall iOS or iPadOS beta software - Apple SupportOfficial Apple Support › en-us

Another IOS is installed on my phone and it is not an Apple recommended update, how can I go back to my Apple update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.