Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Contact not receiving my calls/texts

Suddenly when calling my mom it goes straight to voicemail but doesn’t do this for anyone else calling her. When texting her, it’s green and says sent as text message but she cannot see the text on her end. It sends as blue at first, then turns to green.

All of her texts and calls to me go through though.

iPhone 12

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 7:23 AM

5 replies

Aug 11, 2022 7:53 AM in response to ccnovak123

Hi ccnovak123,

Do you experience similar issues calling anyone else, or sending a message to another contact? This type of issue could be on either the caller or recipient end and might be related to the wireless carrier, so know if you can call others would help in narrowing things down.

Regarding Messages, this might be helpful if the bubbles are turning from blue to green, particularly making sure that you both have iMessage switched on: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"If you see a green message bubble

If you see a green message bubble instead of a blue one, then that message was sent using MMS/SMS instead of iMessage. There are several reasons for this:

• The person that you sent the message to doesn't have an Apple device.
  • iMessage is turned off on your device or on your recipient’s device. To check if iMessage is turned on for your device, go to Settings > Messages > iMessage.
  • iMessage is temporarily unavailable on your device or on your recipient’s device."

You might also both want to double-check for possible updates to your carrier settings, which could be helpful for issues with cellular functions: Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

"1) Make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.

2) Tap Settings > General > About.

3) Follow the onscreen instructions to install your carrier update."

Let us know how it goes, and have a good day.

iPhone Contact not receiving my calls/texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.