Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you I switch on my macbook??

My macbook is suddenly not switching on. I tried everything. What to do!

Macbook air 2014

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 4:48 PM

If you tried everything, then have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate. FYI, this laptop is considered "Vintage" so parts may no longer be available to repair it depending on the problem. An AASP may be your best option if you want it repaired versus just a diagnosis since I don't believe Apple will repair a "Vintage" laptop.

If you had provided a list of things you had tried, then we could try to fill in with other options for you to try. But you tried everything, so there is no point for providing more specific suggestions beyond the basic options in these two Apple articles:

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 4:48 PM in response to shreya201

If you tried everything, then have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate. FYI, this laptop is considered "Vintage" so parts may no longer be available to repair it depending on the problem. An AASP may be your best option if you want it repaired versus just a diagnosis since I don't believe Apple will repair a "Vintage" laptop.

If you had provided a list of things you had tried, then we could try to fill in with other options for you to try. But you tried everything, so there is no point for providing more specific suggestions beyond the basic options in these two Apple articles:

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working - Apple Support

How do you I switch on my macbook??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.