Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is in security lockout I want to try passcode again

Iphone 11 locked out . I want to put passcode in again

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 11:02 AM

If you have exceeded the number of incorrect passcode attempts, you have no option except to erase/reset the phone and restore it using a backup.

If your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or higher........(it appears that it might be).......you can use the instructions linked just below which will not require the use of a Mac or PC:

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If you are not sure which operating system is installed on your iPhone, please use the link below, which will require the use of a Mac or PC.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you have a backup of the phone, you can use the backup to restore the data on the phone during the new setup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 11:02 AM in response to aquanda208

If you have exceeded the number of incorrect passcode attempts, you have no option except to erase/reset the phone and restore it using a backup.

If your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or higher........(it appears that it might be).......you can use the instructions linked just below which will not require the use of a Mac or PC:

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If you are not sure which operating system is installed on your iPhone, please use the link below, which will require the use of a Mac or PC.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you have a backup of the phone, you can use the backup to restore the data on the phone during the new setup.

My phone is in security lockout I want to try passcode again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.