Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I leave a group chat of three in my iPhone?

I want to leave a group chat but can’t because there is no one to add and I don’t want to be in in when one of them text that chat why would make it to where people can’t leave unless it’s 4 or more people it’s like being held hostage in a group chat

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 1:44 PM

4 replies

Aug 23, 2022 10:19 PM in response to razmee209

By far the worst response I’ve seen by Apple. So in other words you’re saying “we don’t care that this is an issue, it’s just how we do things.”

Moreover, they couldn’t provide any reason as to why group chats have to have 4 people (three others+yourself) in order to use the “leave conversation function.” This is because there is no logical reason this is the policy. Instead of providing a snarky response like “just the way it is,” a better one could have been “let me forward this to our engineers and see if this could be put on a list for a potential future fix.”

Where do we recommend updates?

Aug 9, 2022 1:52 PM in response to Kittjasper

Kittjasper wrote:

I want to leave a group chat but can’t because there is no one to add and I don’t want to be in in when one of them text that chat why would make it to where people can’t leave unless it’s 4 or more people it’s like being held hostage in a group chat

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

That is how it works. Let the group know to start a new group and omit you from it.

Aug 24, 2022 1:29 PM in response to csalaz615

csalaz615 wrote:

By far the worst response I’ve seen by Apple. So in other words you’re saying “we don’t care that this is an issue, it’s just how we do things.”

Moreover, they couldn’t provide any reason as to why group chats have to have 4 people (three others+yourself) in order to use the “leave conversation function.” This is because there is no logical reason this is the policy. Instead of providing a snarky response like “just the way it is,” a better one could have been “let me forward this to our engineers and see if this could be put on a list for a potential future fix.”

Where do we recommend updates?

There is no Apple here or Apple employee in these user to user technical forum. You would've this as it is in the term of service you signed up for.

Don't like how Apple does thing, then your free to move to a different company.

How can I leave a group chat of three in my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.