Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store: Please allow me to turn off the "Complete My Album" feature

I have had so many issues with albums due to the fact that I have purchased a single and then later wanted to buy the entire album. I understand this was a great feature to have once upon a time before streaming.

But in a post-streaming world this feature no longer makes sense. And it acutally causes me A LOT of trouble.

Currently I'm trying to buy a Greatest Hits album that literally only came out a few days ago and iTunes thinks it's trying to "Complete My Album" because I have already purchased some of the songs from the album on OTHER ALBUMS.

It is so incredibly frustrating. I would much rather be able to start from scratch and buy the entire album. Especially because these purchases link to the streaming version of the song and anything that breaks a link in the chain (such as Complete My Album forcing you to credit yourself prior single purchases) causes an issue.

Please please please help me fix this issue by allowing the user to go around this feature.

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 4:57 AM

Hello Jarrod,

You can submit feedback directly to Apple at this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply

iTunes Store: Please allow me to turn off the "Complete My Album" feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.