Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t switch between 4g and LTE on iPhone 11

Ever since I updated to iOS 15.6 on my iPhone 11, I have no option to switch between LTE and 4g. I’ve contacted T mobile and Apple about this and basically they are pointing fingers at each other. Both seemed to not know what they were talking about and their troubleshooting tips would not work. I really don’t know what to do, this is very frustrating.

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2022 10:27 PM

2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, VoLTE, and 5G all are Carrier Specific features. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider), the agency that issued the SIM / eSIM to you.

However iPhone model specific feature is listed here --> Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support . and tap on "See the Technical Specs for Model XXXXXX" under each model and Scroll down to "Cellular and Wireless" section.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2022 10:27 PM in response to JRamos04

2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, VoLTE, and 5G all are Carrier Specific features. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider), the agency that issued the SIM / eSIM to you.

However iPhone model specific feature is listed here --> Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support . and tap on "See the Technical Specs for Model XXXXXX" under each model and Scroll down to "Cellular and Wireless" section.

Aug 9, 2022 10:28 PM in response to JRamos04

2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, VoLTE, 5G all are Carrier Specific features. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider), the agency that issued the SIM / eSIM to you.

See the Pic below and explanation thereof

If your carrier supports VoLTE

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options and tap Enable LTE or Settings > Mobile Data and tap Enable LTE. If your carrier supports Voice over LTE (VoLTE), you'll see these options:

• Off: Turns off LTE
  • Voice & Data: Allows voice calls and cellular-data use over LTE 
  • Data Only: Allows cellular-data use, but not voice calls over LTE

Can’t switch between 4g and LTE on iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.