You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

are macbook air screens really this fragile? a few days into using a new air m2 and my screen already has a small poke/puncture type screen damage

i literally just got it a few days ago. i was using it and its been performing great. but then i was eating while working on the macbook, and when i was done eating i closed the screen, and then when i opened it, i saw a small puncture/hole/poke type crack on the top left (ish) side of the screen as if a pen poked it hard. im assured there wasnt anything close to hard in the food i was easting, yet it managed to damage the screen so easily. Is this normal?

MacBook Air, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 2:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 3:07 AM

Depends on how you look at it. If the screen closed on something hard enough to dent it, then yes that's the result. If there was nothing hard enough to dent it then that's not normal.

Have Apple evaluate it for warranty repair possibilities or take it back as I assume a "few days" means you're still within the 14 day "free" return period.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2022 3:07 AM in response to Seeka_

Depends on how you look at it. If the screen closed on something hard enough to dent it, then yes that's the result. If there was nothing hard enough to dent it then that's not normal.

Have Apple evaluate it for warranty repair possibilities or take it back as I assume a "few days" means you're still within the 14 day "free" return period.

Aug 11, 2022 7:09 AM in response to Seeka_

Opening and Closing the Lid of the MBA computer should always be done with Both Hand

1 - Using the Notch on the front edge of the lid.

2 - The Lid ( Screen ) has two hinges on either side of the Screen where is joins to the computer

3 - Physics and Mechanical Engineering tells me that using only one hand to close the lid using theTop Right or Left Corner of the screen will place undue Torch on the Screen and Cracks in the screen can occur

are macbook air screens really this fragile? a few days into using a new air m2 and my screen already has a small poke/puncture type screen damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.