Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my iphone don’t have 4 passcode in passcode option?

Why my iphone don’t have 4 passcode in passcode options

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 2:58 AM

If you're talking about 4-digit passcode, the option should appear when you turn on passcode, as per this support article: Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (section "Change your passcode or passcode settings").

If you cannot change it, you might have set restrictions on your Screentime in:

Settings>Screentime>Content&Pricvacy Restrictions>Allow Changes>Passcode Changes Should be this case, after applying the chenge, restart your iPhone.

or

your device is remotely managed by a company/school/institute (should be this case contact their IT admin/supervisor, and ask them to remove the remote control, if you're eligible).

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 2:58 AM in response to leyy92

If you're talking about 4-digit passcode, the option should appear when you turn on passcode, as per this support article: Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (section "Change your passcode or passcode settings").

If you cannot change it, you might have set restrictions on your Screentime in:

Settings>Screentime>Content&Pricvacy Restrictions>Allow Changes>Passcode Changes Should be this case, after applying the chenge, restart your iPhone.

or

your device is remotely managed by a company/school/institute (should be this case contact their IT admin/supervisor, and ask them to remove the remote control, if you're eligible).

Regards

Giulio

Why my iphone don’t have 4 passcode in passcode option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.