Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don't I see my AirTags on my iCloud account

I just go AirTags and have activated them. I then went to my iCloud account on my desktop but don't see them listed. Why not? My concern is that if my wife has her phone, keys and both tags in her purse which is then lost we have no way of tracking it.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 1:26 PM

Airtags can ONLY be seen on the Trusted Devices of the AppleID to which they are “paired” by running the FindMy app.

They can NOT be seen in a browser window. (i.e. at https://icloud.com/

Also, in FindMy AirTags are listed under the “Items” tab rather than “Devices.”

8 replies

Aug 14, 2022 9:12 AM in response to Chattanoogan

Thank you, Chat'a. I was afraid pf that. Seems a mistake to me, especially for women. My wife, who is forever misplacing her keys, often keeps them in her purse along with her iPhone and iPad. This means if her purse is mislaid, she can't use the tags to find it. Same with my backpack.

Any idea why it''s set up that way?

Aug 14, 2022 10:02 AM in response to Community User

Re: “… Any idea why it''s set up that way … “

Actually we do. Two words: Privacy and Anonymity.

1) The tag itself has no position locating capability.

2) The tag must remain untraceable to you.

2) The system relies on millions of iPhone users to “find” the tag, but they CAN’T discover to whom the tag belongs either.

3) The Finder is technically reporting THEIR position to Apple, but their actual identity and location must remain anonomous to Apple and ONLY the position made available to the Tag Owner.

4) The tag owner’s location and itentity must remain hidden to Apple, and the Finder.

This is all accomplished w/ some clever public/private key cryptology which is why it can only be performed on the tag owner’s trusted devices.

For a far better description, see this article:

Using Find My to locate missing Apple devices – Apple Support (AU)

Aug 13, 2022 1:01 PM in response to Community User

Canada_Mike wrote:

Is FIND MY the same as FIND MY iPhone? I have the latter but not the former. I see lots of devices, but not the Air Tags.

Find My Phone and Find My Friends have been replaced with a single app, Find My - iCloud - Find My - Apple

OK. What seems to be going on is that my iCloud address is not the Primary iCloud address. So, how can I change my primary address?

See here - About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Aug 13, 2022 11:09 AM in response to rom.ph

Is FIND MY the same as FIND MY iPhone? I have the latter but not the former. I see lots of devices, but not the Air Tags.

Why don't I see my AirTags on my iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.