Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how may I uninstall messages on my computer. I would not like anyone using the computer to access my messages.

How can I stop my personal text messages from being seen on my shared computer?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 12:07 PM

Set up separate user accounts on your Mac. One for each person who uses it. Sign out of your account or switch to the login screen when you walk away from it and don’t give anyone the password for your account. That way you can still use messages on your Mac, but no one else will be able to access them or any of your other personal data.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 12:07 PM in response to elizabethmvb

Set up separate user accounts on your Mac. One for each person who uses it. Sign out of your account or switch to the login screen when you walk away from it and don’t give anyone the password for your account. That way you can still use messages on your Mac, but no one else will be able to access them or any of your other personal data.

Aug 11, 2022 6:19 AM in response to KiltedTim

I would suggest making the other user accounts "Standard" user accounts which will limit what those other users can do. If those other user accounts are "admin" accounts, then they can theoretically access the main user's account. Anyone with "admin" access can do the exact same things as the original main admin user.

how may I uninstall messages on my computer. I would not like anyone using the computer to access my messages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.