Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant spam emails, ask me to renter password 3 times

At some point in the past couple of years I must have opened a spam email and given someone an opening to barrage me with these annoying little pests. I receive anywhere from 10 to 50 a day. When I have tried to go in and change my email password whatever this bug is will not allow me to send an email until I have entered my password in three separate times. There is a box that pops up that says cannot send email and it sends me to settings. I am beyond frustrated. I have taken my iPad to the Mac store and they say it’s impossible for that to happen. But I know otherwise.

How do I stop this request for email password 3 separate times? Right after I elect a new password, I’m able to send an email. But if I try to send an email with one of my email addresses and, I have two email addresses, I get tons of new spam emails.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 5:58 PM

Changing your email password will never stop spam messages from being sent to you. They are sending them to your primary email address. You password has little to do with the receipt of mail. You password controls whether you can access your account to receive and send email.

You can block email addresses from senders you don't want to receive messages from. We all get unwanted spam messages everyday. It's up to you to block those you don't want to receive from.

Block or unblock senders in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 5:58 PM in response to JC4mb1123

Changing your email password will never stop spam messages from being sent to you. They are sending them to your primary email address. You password has little to do with the receipt of mail. You password controls whether you can access your account to receive and send email.

You can block email addresses from senders you don't want to receive messages from. We all get unwanted spam messages everyday. It's up to you to block those you don't want to receive from.

Block or unblock senders in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Constant spam emails, ask me to renter password 3 times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.