Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I see the information that was backed up

How do I see what I backed up

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 6:43 PM

You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup. You can only use the backup to restore a device or to setup a new device.

If you are asking about iCloud Messages, see the following from Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

You can use Messages in iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, and Mac. For your privacy, Messages in iCloud is end-to-end encrypted, which means you can't view or access Messages online via browser. 

You can view synced data (e.g., iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive, iCloud Contacts, etc) by using an internet browser and logging into icloud.com. Also see: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support and Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support and Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 6:43 PM in response to Myquestion1

You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup. You can only use the backup to restore a device or to setup a new device.

If you are asking about iCloud Messages, see the following from Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

You can use Messages in iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, and Mac. For your privacy, Messages in iCloud is end-to-end encrypted, which means you can't view or access Messages online via browser. 

You can view synced data (e.g., iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive, iCloud Contacts, etc) by using an internet browser and logging into icloud.com. Also see: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support and Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support and Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

How do I see the information that was backed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.