Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Data After Set-Up

I set up my phone already but it did not transfer my data from my old phone. What do I do now?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 5:46 PM

You need to reset the phone to factory settings, then set it up as if it was a new phone to transfer everything to it.

You can transfer some data by enabling iCloud Sync on both the old and new phone, that that will only transfer data, not apps or settings. On each phone open Settings, tap on your name at the top, then iCloud, and turn on the sync switches.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 5:46 PM in response to Natalie1637

You need to reset the phone to factory settings, then set it up as if it was a new phone to transfer everything to it.

You can transfer some data by enabling iCloud Sync on both the old and new phone, that that will only transfer data, not apps or settings. On each phone open Settings, tap on your name at the top, then iCloud, and turn on the sync switches.

Transfer Data After Set-Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.