Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where itunes stores backup data?

With new computers can itunes make an easy change to allow users to control where backup data is stored, instead of automatically on C drive?

New computers have limited storage on C drives as a safety feature and more storage on D or sometimes even E hard drives. Itunes is basically useless for storing backups of iphones on new computers because of this.

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 3:53 AM

See Relocate iOS device backups. Review the rest of the Make a split library portable user tip for advice on organizing the library on secondary storage. Note that although you can get iTunes to store this data or your D: drive, for example, it will still be checking for free space on the C: drive when it looks to see if there is enough room to complete the backup.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2022 3:53 AM in response to SeanOharelongisland

See Relocate iOS device backups. Review the rest of the Make a split library portable user tip for advice on organizing the library on secondary storage. Note that although you can get iTunes to store this data or your D: drive, for example, it will still be checking for free space on the C: drive when it looks to see if there is enough room to complete the backup.

tt2

Aug 15, 2022 1:10 AM in response to turingtest2

That is alot of work and programming to get a simple switch to happen within itunes?

Why can't Itunes programmers make this an easy fix?

If I can store and change the destination of my media folder in any hard drive destination I want,

why is it so difficult to do the same thing with the mobilebackup file?

Apple is supposed to be a leading technology company,

why do i have to trick one of its flagship programs into doing something it should already be doing?

Where itunes stores backup data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.