Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to recover contacts from my other iPhone

When I go to accounts section in iCloud I don’t see any advanced section to recover my contacts from another iPhone

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 8:16 PM

harmonycj Said:

"I am unable to recover contacts from my other iPhone: When I go to accounts section in iCloud I don’t see any advanced section to recover my contacts from another iPhone"

-------

Transferring Contacts Between iPhones:

Sync Through iCloud:

Sign in to the same Apple ID on the new iPhone, and then enable Contacts in iCloud Settings. If these were synced in the old iPhone's settings, then all should presumably transfer between the two iPhones. In the long run, all should be accessible, given they are associated to the same Apple ID.

On Both iPhones:

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

Then, Check iCloud:

See if you can access particular items, through iCloud, directly. Go Here: https://www.icloud.com/contacts

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 8:16 PM in response to harmonycj

harmonycj Said:

"I am unable to recover contacts from my other iPhone: When I go to accounts section in iCloud I don’t see any advanced section to recover my contacts from another iPhone"

-------

Transferring Contacts Between iPhones:

Sync Through iCloud:

Sign in to the same Apple ID on the new iPhone, and then enable Contacts in iCloud Settings. If these were synced in the old iPhone's settings, then all should presumably transfer between the two iPhones. In the long run, all should be accessible, given they are associated to the same Apple ID.

On Both iPhones:

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

Then, Check iCloud:

See if you can access particular items, through iCloud, directly. Go Here: https://www.icloud.com/contacts

I am unable to recover contacts from my other iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.