Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I trace my serial number of macbook pro 2017 13 inch if I marked it lost and user is offline?

I Traced my mac-book pro 2017 like a day ago but now its offline. I guess user wiped my OS and reinstalled is there a way I can track the device using my serial number and apprehend the thief?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 2:42 AM

Apple has no serial number registry. Find My app is the official means Apple provides to track an Apple device.

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support. Apple's official guidance.

3 replies

Aug 11, 2022 2:57 AM in response to PKALOKI

No. There is no serial number registry. Apple dose not track serial numbers in this manner.

Read Apple's guidance in my previous post, this is Apple's full response to theft and loss.

Your situation is completely out of Apple's influence in any way other than simple advice about actions you should take, i.e. their guidance.

Can I trace my serial number of macbook pro 2017 13 inch if I marked it lost and user is offline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.