Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I fix application memory on MacBook Air

iPod, iOS 9

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 4:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 5:23 AM

Go to launchpad and type activity monitor. Launch this app and see which app is eating up your memory. I had this once when editing photos on my MacBook Air since that was the only computer I had. Turns out that the Airs hardware was simply too light for photoshop, so a good friend bought me an iMac instead for that kind of work.

But it can also be a memory leak, if you're aren't running functions that will use a lot of memory, You can also see that in the activity monitor

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2022 5:23 AM in response to Michaeldaly

Go to launchpad and type activity monitor. Launch this app and see which app is eating up your memory. I had this once when editing photos on my MacBook Air since that was the only computer I had. Turns out that the Airs hardware was simply too light for photoshop, so a good friend bought me an iMac instead for that kind of work.

But it can also be a memory leak, if you're aren't running functions that will use a lot of memory, You can also see that in the activity monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.