Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad

Hello so I had deleted an important file from the word app but I deleted from my ipad so I was wondering if there is any way to bring it back it is important and it is private

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 7:43 AM

If you deleted the Word file using the native Files App, the deleted file will initially be moved to the Recently Deleted folder where it will remain - and is recoverable - until it is either permanently deleted by you, or automatically after 30 days.

If instead Word document was deleted file from within the MS Word App, check the Recently Deleted folder using the native Files App. If not there, deletion of the Word document was final; unless you have created and saved a copy of the MS Word file elsewhere, the document will have been lost.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2022 7:43 AM in response to naz182

If you deleted the Word file using the native Files App, the deleted file will initially be moved to the Recently Deleted folder where it will remain - and is recoverable - until it is either permanently deleted by you, or automatically after 30 days.

If instead Word document was deleted file from within the MS Word App, check the Recently Deleted folder using the native Files App. If not there, deletion of the Word document was final; unless you have created and saved a copy of the MS Word file elsewhere, the document will have been lost.

Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.