Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage on device

Once my photos are backed up on the iCloud storage can I delete them from my device?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 10:08 AM

If they are "synced" (using iCloud Photos) you can't do that, 'cause photos would be deleted on iCloud too.

If they are backed up (not using iCloud Photos), you can.

See also this useful procedure to save all your iCloud "synced" stuff to a computer:--> Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

When they are stored on a computer, you can delete what you want (from iPhone or from iCloud).

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2022 10:08 AM in response to chrystal1234

If they are "synced" (using iCloud Photos) you can't do that, 'cause photos would be deleted on iCloud too.

If they are backed up (not using iCloud Photos), you can.

See also this useful procedure to save all your iCloud "synced" stuff to a computer:--> Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

When they are stored on a computer, you can delete what you want (from iPhone or from iCloud).

Regards

Giulio

Storage on device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.