Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone text alert not working

The text tone is only working intermittently. There is no rhyme or reason as to when and why it decides to work. Sometimes it makes a noise and other times not. I’ve checked setting, notifications, mute/unmute in the message, etc.

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 11:31 AM

jegulzz wrote:

The text tone is only working intermittently. There is no rhyme or reason as to when and why it decides to work. Sometimes it makes a noise and other times not. I’ve checked setting, notifications, mute/unmute in the message, etc.

Perhaps you have an apple watch? If so, you only get notified on one device.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2022 11:31 AM in response to jegulzz

jegulzz wrote:

Perhaps you have an apple watch? If so, you only get notified on one device.

Aug 16, 2022 8:45 AM in response to katansi

katansi wrote:

Not sure what you're seeing on your end but "Apple recommended" appears as a tag on your reply which implies someone had to mark it. So I'll take that as a maybe. To assume any forum attached to the official company website is completely unmonitored would be a mistake as well.

There are moderator here. Please go read the term of service you signed up for.

iPhone text alert not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.