Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Apple TV credit card

My Apple TV subscription is paid by one credit card, the rest of my Apple purchases by another. I cannot figure out how to get my Apple TV account to use the same credit card as the others. When I try to make a change, I seem to get hung in a loop that directs me back to my Apple ID, which has the correct card.

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 1:36 PM

If you have one Apple ID account with one card linked to it, then that card should be used for fees.

Is it not possible to separate expenses to select payment methods. All charges will be tried with the primary payment method of that moment. If that fails or reached its limit, then any secondary payment method will be used, if entered. They’re ordered.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

If there are multiple Apple ID accounts in use, then each account will have its own payment methods.

If you are in a Family Sharing group with Purchase Sharing active, then all group charges are billed to the payment method of the organizer.

If you are in a Family Sharing group without Purchase Sharing active, then the Apple TV+ subscription will be billed to the original subscriber.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2022 1:36 PM in response to Asgpro13

If you have one Apple ID account with one card linked to it, then that card should be used for fees.

Is it not possible to separate expenses to select payment methods. All charges will be tried with the primary payment method of that moment. If that fails or reached its limit, then any secondary payment method will be used, if entered. They’re ordered.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

If there are multiple Apple ID accounts in use, then each account will have its own payment methods.

If you are in a Family Sharing group with Purchase Sharing active, then all group charges are billed to the payment method of the organizer.

If you are in a Family Sharing group without Purchase Sharing active, then the Apple TV+ subscription will be billed to the original subscriber.

Change Apple TV credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.