Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a message "Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage on a new IPad" I do not have a new I Pad, what do I do?I got this message on both my Mac and iPhone

I received a message "Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage on a new iPad"

I don't have a new iPad, or logged in with anything other than my phone. I received it on both my Mac and iPhone. What do I do?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 3:36 PM

Login to https://appleid.apple.com/

Check all your listed devices. If they’re all yours and nothing new or unrecognized is there … it was a scam.

If there IS something new:

1) Delete the device

2) Change your AppleID password

3) Enable 2FA

4) Review this:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

5) Lastly, change your device passcode(s) and Mac password. (Unauthorized changes might have been made by one of your trusted devices)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2022 3:36 PM in response to DaDuke15

Login to https://appleid.apple.com/

Check all your listed devices. If they’re all yours and nothing new or unrecognized is there … it was a scam.

If there IS something new:

1) Delete the device

2) Change your AppleID password

3) Enable 2FA

4) Review this:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

5) Lastly, change your device passcode(s) and Mac password. (Unauthorized changes might have been made by one of your trusted devices)

I received a message "Your Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage on a new IPad" I do not have a new I Pad, what do I do?I got this message on both my Mac and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.