Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote - how to remove music file from presentation

Instruction Guide indicates:

1. Click to select the video or audio on the slide.
  2. In the Format  sidebar, click the Movie, Audio, or Web Video tab at the top of the sidebar.
  3. Click Replace.
  4. Select a video or audio file, then click Open.

I seem to be missing the Movie/Audio or Web Video tab at the top of the sidebar. See image:

If I go to the document tab, I can see the music file but I am unable to delete it. I tried to add: Movie/Audio or Web Video tab to the menu bar but these options are not available. I've tried saving my presentation without music to start over, but the music stays imbedded.

I have Keynote 12.1

Any ideas? I am very frustrated :(

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 2:57 AM

You have missed out stage 1 in the above guide: 1. Click to select the video or audio on the slide

Instead you have selected the slide which will show Slide Layout.

Therefore, click on the audio file icon on the slide and the Format Audio will show:

3 replies

Aug 12, 2022 11:23 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks for your reply Gary

I didn’t tie the audio to any one slide rather I added the video once everything was completed using the "Document’ tab. The only way I can see the video is by pressing the “Document” tab and then selecting “Audio”. The file shows up but I am unable to remove it. I can add another file but I can’t remove the one I put there in error.

Jules

Keynote - how to remove music file from presentation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.