Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot the password for my locked notes. How can I reset the password?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2022 8:36 PM

You cannot. You can set a new password for new notes. But there is no way to reset an existing notes password.

See -> How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Don't forget your Notes password. Apple doesn't have access to locked notes and can’t help you access them if you forget your password. If you forget your Notes password, resetting the password doesn’t give you access to previously locked notes. Resetting then creating a new Notes password only allows you to lock other notes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2022 8:36 PM in response to avneet178

You cannot. You can set a new password for new notes. But there is no way to reset an existing notes password.

See -> How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Don't forget your Notes password. Apple doesn't have access to locked notes and can’t help you access them if you forget your password. If you forget your Notes password, resetting the password doesn’t give you access to previously locked notes. Resetting then creating a new Notes password only allows you to lock other notes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.