Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphones with lightning jack constantly disconnect with iPhone SE

I rarely use wired headphones with the lighning jack adapter because usually I have bluetooth earphones. Today I plugged the wired headphones with the lightning adapter for the first time in my iPhone SE (2020) and discovered that every 2-3 minutes the sound stops and they just disconnect. I am unable to reconnect them again for some time. it takes a random number of repluggibg tge cable and restarting the apps until it connects again, but then after a few minutes puff - disconnected again!

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 12:02 AM

3 replies

Aug 13, 2022 2:41 PM in response to danas_blia

Hello danas_blia,

If your headphones aren't working, you'll want to cover these basic steps:

Check for debris, damage, or loose connections
1. Check for debris in the headphone port on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.  2. Check your headphone cable, connector, remote, and earbuds for damage, like wear or breakage. 
3. Look for debris on the meshes in each earbud. To remove debris, gently brush all openings with a small, soft-bristled brush that's clean and dry. 
4. Firmly plug your headphones back in. If your iOS device has a case, remove the case to get a firm connection. 

If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Aside from that, you'll want to isolate if the issue is the headphones or the device you're using. If you have another Apple device around, try using the headphones with it to see if you experience the same behavior. If you have another pair of headphones around, test them out with the iPhone to see if they do the same thing.

Once you've determined if the issue is with the headphones, or the iPhone, you can contact Apple for service options here: Get Support

Cheers!

Headphones with lightning jack constantly disconnect with iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.