Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorting or Filtering Loops in Logic Pro X 10.7.4 Make Loops Disappeared

On Logic, I cannot use the loops. Upon startup, the loops will be there, I could sort them out or filter them. I have one opportunity to do so. If I try to change categories, then all the loops either disappeared or become disabled. Early this year, I was with Apple Support for one month back and forth. They would escalate the issue to a higher level. Nothing they told me worked. After those failed support attempts, I tried wiping out the OS, started fresh. No luck. Today, I am even worst. No loops load up at all.

I did not write down all the stuff they made me do. But, I remember that we tried re-indexing the Loop Library, deleting the "com.apple.logic10.plist" and the "com.apple.logic.pro.cs" files. Nothing has worked. I even tried downloading the entire loops library offered to me by Logic (about 62 GB). No luck.

If anyone here has been able to fix this issue, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

I am running a MacBook Pro with Monterey 12.3.1, using Logic 10.7.4.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 7:46 AM

I had this issue as well, but I figured out what the issue was for me and found a solution.

I have Google Drive Backup installed - and one of the folders I directed for syncing to Google Drive is the Music folder in my Home folder - Users/MyUserName/Music.

Logic Pro keeps the Apple Loops Index database in the sub-folder Audio Music Apps/Databases. And probably because Google Drive backup in some way "locked" the file while syncing my local folder, I assume Logic Pro couldn't index properly and the database keeps getting corrupted. I assume the same issue would be there with OneDrive and other cloud backup solutions.

The solution for me was to pause syncing in Google Drive Backup while using Logic Pro, alternatively, you can of course direct Google Drive Backup to not sync that specific folder at all.

Hope it helps you!

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2022 7:46 AM in response to cpaesano

I had this issue as well, but I figured out what the issue was for me and found a solution.

I have Google Drive Backup installed - and one of the folders I directed for syncing to Google Drive is the Music folder in my Home folder - Users/MyUserName/Music.

Logic Pro keeps the Apple Loops Index database in the sub-folder Audio Music Apps/Databases. And probably because Google Drive backup in some way "locked" the file while syncing my local folder, I assume Logic Pro couldn't index properly and the database keeps getting corrupted. I assume the same issue would be there with OneDrive and other cloud backup solutions.

The solution for me was to pause syncing in Google Drive Backup while using Logic Pro, alternatively, you can of course direct Google Drive Backup to not sync that specific folder at all.

Hope it helps you!

Aug 15, 2022 9:47 AM in response to grimmswede

Just my 2 cents on using Google Drive for backups, apart from it ruining your Logic Pro / Apple Loops experience. There's a good chance that ALL your files synced to Google Drive are getting parsed and mined for data. To be fair, iCloud is no better, that's for sure. Regular manual backups or using a dedicated Time Machine drive might be a better idea, IMO.

Aug 15, 2022 10:29 AM in response to Radarhus

Totally different discussion - and am fully aware of the issues - and do TM/manual backups as well. So more of a belts and suspenders approach for certain types of files that I have no interest in loosing. Of course there are other cloud (non big tech) solutions, but for the moment I am running with Google for convenience. But thanks for the reminder to look at safer/more privacy focused options.

Sorting or Filtering Loops in Logic Pro X 10.7.4 Make Loops Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.