Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

STAIN GATE Mac Book Pro 14" 2021, Still has same keyboard Screen Marks Stain Gate Issue - Still Open

Hi - looks like this question got "closed" for some reason, or smth... so opening it up again b/c I was going to reply / clarify, etc. but was not able to. Recently got the new 14 inch macbook, and it looks like it has the same problem again as my old 2014 MBP had where the screen had to be replaced by Apple... basically, permanent marks are being left on the screen from the keyboard and, especially from the "bar" between the keyboard and the touchpad... this was quite annoying to find out - while i love the laptop / OS mostly - this issue should probably not have resurfaced given the fact it was (finally) acknowledged by Apple on 2014/2015 models... c'mon guys, after spending $3K+ on a laptop, such issues are not quite acceptable... How can this be fixed?

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 8:41 AM

ProtoPronto wrote:

Hi - looks like this question got "closed" for some reason, or smth... so opening it up again b/c I was going to reply / clarify, etc. but was not able to. Recently got the new 14 inch macbook, and it looks like it has the same problem again as my old 2014 MBP had where the screen had to be replaced by Apple... basically, permanent marks are being left on the screen from the keyboard and, especially from the "bar" between the keyboard and the touchpad... this was quite annoying to find out - while i love the laptop / OS mostly - this issue should probably not have resurfaced given the fact it was (finally) acknowledged by Apple on 2014/2015 models... c'mon guys, after spending $3K+ on a laptop, such issues are not quite acceptable... How can this be fixed?

You can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Contact the corporate office Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

if you feel this is a hardware issue— take it in

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Find Locations - Apple

How to clean your Apple products

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro

Clean your Mac computer's screen or display - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2022 8:41 AM in response to ProtoPronto

ProtoPronto wrote:

You can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Contact the corporate office Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

if you feel this is a hardware issue— take it in

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Find Locations - Apple

How to clean your Apple products

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro

Clean your Mac computer's screen or display - Apple Support

STAIN GATE Mac Book Pro 14" 2021, Still has same keyboard Screen Marks Stain Gate Issue - Still Open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.