Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use my ICloud space to use on my device space

My device storage is full how do I use my ICloud storage to make more space on my device.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2022 8:56 AM

You cannot. iCloud storage is not a substitute for local capacity. It exists on a server only and you can sync content to it from your device, but cannot be used as local storage, not can you move things to it, and not have a local copy on the device,

Its like thinking you have a new room in your house because you rented a storage warehouse at a place like U-Store 5 miles form home. You don't get more space in your house to make an extra room. The space is somewhere else entirely.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2022 8:56 AM in response to FigiBrown

You cannot. iCloud storage is not a substitute for local capacity. It exists on a server only and you can sync content to it from your device, but cannot be used as local storage, not can you move things to it, and not have a local copy on the device,

Its like thinking you have a new room in your house because you rented a storage warehouse at a place like U-Store 5 miles form home. You don't get more space in your house to make an extra room. The space is somewhere else entirely.

How do I use my ICloud space to use on my device space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.