Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard input source changes on its own

Though my keyboard input source is set to English (US), when I type the outputs are Greek characters. As a result I am unable to log in to my Macbook Pro laptop.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 3:13 AM

saktinath wrote:

Though my keyboard input source is set to English (US), when I type the outputs are Greek characters.

What do you get when you type asdfg? If it is åß∂ƒ© or ÅÍÎÏ˝, it's not Greek, it just means you machine thinks the option key is always depressed. Try an external keyboard.

3 replies

Aug 26, 2022 7:03 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

The Keyboards with buttons as per Apple layout, viz. fn, control,option,command, are not available. So my first question is whether a Standard Keyboard for Windows computer will be compatible? I ran "Apple Diagnostics". It did not detect any problems with the Hardware. Then, why the built-in Keyboard is throwing up problem? Thirdly, I tried to start the laptop in "Safe Mode". However, even after follwing the described procedure (holding the Shift key immediately after pressing the power button) I wasn't able to boot in "Safe Mode" as no "Safe Boot" was visible in the upper right corner of the window. Meanwhile the original problem persists.

Keyboard input source changes on its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.